"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dreams and Vision = Opportunity

Our ambassadors have represented TEAM 413 and shared their faith in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and more than 20 countries all over the world.

Every once in a while I just have to be transparent regarding the needs of our ministry.  I have always been somewhat uncomfortable to ask people for financial support but, I've had to learn that it is my responsibility to God and to the ministry of TEAM 413. I have to share my heart because it is just the way I am -- open, up front, and honest about what I see and feel.

This week we learned that we have a wonderful opportunity to be an official charity for the Country Music Marathon and Half Marathon in Nashville on April 30. I scheduled a call with one of the charity department representatives at Competitor Group and was excited to learn that the things we had to do were minimal to make this happen. What a tremendous opportunity we have to be involved in this manner with a such a great event! It also appears that we will have the same opportunity for the Virginia Beach Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon and the San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and Half Marathon.


I posted status updates on all three of our Facebook pages, placed an announcement on our webpage, and sent out an email blast to several hundred people. Three days later we have a few people who has committed to helping us. Our deadline for signing on to be an official charity is Friday, February 25. At that time, TEAM 413 needs 20 people who are committed or we cannot do this. It would not be appropriate or fiscally responsible for me to place our ministry in this situation without reaching the minimum number prior to accepting a spot as an official charity.


Over the past few years, thousands of people have expressed interest in helping our ministry. They have told me to call on them if we ever need help. So, I'm asking that many of you step forward and help us as we write this new chapter in our history. In order to advance forward as a ministry and to make an impact on lives all over the world, this is something that we must do.


The commitment for helping in our fundraising efforts for this event are minimal. TEAM 413 will pay your entry fee for the race of your choice in Nashville. If you have already registered, you will receive a refund or we will decrease your fundraising amount accordingly. The minimal amount that we have set to raise for this event is $500 per runner/fundraiser.


We trust that God will be faithful to deliver what He sees fit for the ministry. It's not in our hands any longer -- we simply have to hand it all over to Him. It is all up to HIM!


If God tugs on your heart and leads you to help, please email me directly at chris@team413.org
May God continue to bless each of you along your journey!

Under HIS Grace...


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment