"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Thursday, March 10, 2011

VISION OF MY HEART



The past few months have been such an unbelievable time for me. The opportunity to prepare for  GRACERUNNER JOURNEY had been such a mixed bag of feelings for me.  During many hours of training to run 413 miles in 10 days to glorify God, I've had moments of  joy, anguish, reality, contemplation, survival, and success.  I posted the following quote on my Facebook wall a few days ago:

"Running has become so much more than an athletic endeavor for me. It is a time of worship - my quiet time with God - a time of reflection - a prayer opportunity with no outside distractions. Running is much more than it once was to me because God used it to improve the vision of the eyes of my heart."

I have found much peace in the time that I've spent alone with God as I've been running on trails, roads, and on the treadmill. I've had much time to praise God through the music that I listen to when I workout. It's been called my "GRACERUNNER Playlist!" Many of the song themes have something to do with God's grace....amazing grace - there is a place called grace - His grace is sufficient - grace that is greater than all my sin - abundant grace - delivered by grace.

I am in awe of how God has changed me through this simple act of running. I stand in amazement of how God has shaped and molded my heart so that I can see the vision of this goal in my mind but also deep within my heart of hearts. I am so humbled to do something this significant for the Kingdom. For, I am a simple guy, an average man who is blessed by God's unmerited favor. I am not sure why God has planted this vision within my heart but I do know that He has big plans ahead as we embark on our journey.

We have much work left to be done. So, we ask that you pray for us as we continue this path that God has planned for us. Join me in praying that people all around the world will be touched by something during our journey. Please pray that God will enlarge our territory and that we will be given many opportunities to share Him with the people we come in contact with along our way.

I ask that you continue to pray for our efforts as we raise funds for GRACERUNNER JOURNEY. My prayer is that we'll really be able to help our wonderful charities: TEAM 413, The Dick Beardsley Foundation, Constructores Para Cristo, and The Great Circle. We continue to seek sponsors who are willing to help us as we move forward. If you know of folks who are a good fit, please let me know.

Please pray for our crew. My wife, Kiki, will be my crew chief and will need uncommon patience and wisdom along the way. In addition, we are putting together an all-star crew who will be able to push me to "finish the drill."  This will be a live changing experience for all of us and I thank God for the opportunity to serve alongside wonderful people.   

We have several opportunities to speak during our trip but are looking for more! If you know of a group that would like to have us speak, please contact me at chris@team413.org.  Our schedule is as follows:

~ May 12 - Birmingham (Homewood), Alabama
~ May 13 - Olive Branch, Mississippi & Memphis, Tennessee
~ May 14 - Springfield, Missouri
~ May 15 - St. Louis, Missouri
~ May 16 - Champaign & Chicago, Illinois
~ May 17 - Des Moines, Iowa
~ May 18 - Duluth, Minnesota
~ May 19 - 21 - Fargo, North Dakota

I will provide more detailed information as we get a bit closer to May 12. I hope that many of you who live in these regions will come out and run a mile, or two, or 40 with me! Our crew will need your help and I will need your support and companionship. So, come run with me!

Today, I leave you with a few GRACE-WORDS that capture the essence of my heart:

"Running is a PLACE called grace to me. Running is my habitat for sanity. Running is my quiet corner of my heart's sanctuary where I am close to God. Running is my place of refuge, of solace, of climate change for my soul. It is a God filled place where HE does His wondrous work."

‎"I don't run as fast as I once did. I used to care about where I finished a race in my age-group. That stuff is not important anymore. God planted different reasons in my heart. Now, I run to celebrate God's miracle of grace in my life - that I can run against all odds - so Christ will be lifted up through each step I take - so others may see Christ in me. Quite simply, it's not about me - It’s about Him!"

‎"The likelihood of you doing something extraordinary in your life without significant sacrifice is impossible. God will give you the strength but YOU must supply the effort! Keep plugging away -- The impossible will become a reality when HIS strength and YOUR effort collide!"

On the run ---

Under HIS Grace...

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment