"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Misspelled

It read “Pilippians 4:13” -- a misspelled tattoo of a young man who I met at our TEAM 413 booth during a marathon expo a few years ago. He told me the rest of the story and we laughed together.
The tattoo artist just got it wrong. He didn’t proof read it before he imprinted him forever! The verse, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" was spelled correctly, but he just missed the mark on PHILIPPIANS! I told the young man that it was somewhat symbolic of how people “misunderstand” us as Christians. They “misspell” our intentions. They “misspell” our words. They "misspell" our actions. They "misspell" the depth of God's love and goodness. They "misspell" our Savior’s mercy and grace. His misspelled tattoo would be a constant reminder to him not to take things for granted -- to thank God for "getting it right" for us. He knows our name and will never "misspell" it. He knows our heart and will never "misinterpret" our feelings. He knows every desire of our heart and will always supply the right things at the very point of our greatest need. I think that I would double check my tattoo artist's rough draft before he laid down the ink! However, this young man’s heart was pure because he loved the Lord with all of his being. Misspelled? Yes, but God was still in control!
Under HIS Grace... Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment