"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Friday, June 27, 2014

Sensations - Out of the Comfort Zone!


There are times in life when you simply can't understand what is going on within your heart or all around you. At those times God is working in a special way to create a sensation of responsiveness that we would not have if we had slipped into a comfort zone.

In my 56 years I have felt this sensation on several occasions that are far too complex to write about in a short blog. However, recently this sensation has been within me because of the uncharted road that lies ahead. By "uncharted" I mean it doesn't show up on my "human" GPS, but it certainly is planned and ordained by God. This hightened sensation of the things around me, I suppose, is God's way of keeping me intune, to provide me with the opportunity to NOT miss anything along my path, and to look to Him for guidance along this journey.

We all fall in a routine at some point in our lives. The alarm clock sounds, we jump in the shower, get dressed, hop in the car, drive to work, walk into an office, interact with people, end our day, go home, have dinner, and turn in for the night only to have it happen again day after day. We put ourselves in a "rut" of complacency that we don't want anyone to disrupt. If our "rut" is affected, we don't know what to do. It's just the way we live.

I believe God will pull you out of the comfort zone rut in order to challenge you to be more, do more, and feel more of His presence. 

Here I am out of my comfort zone, on the edge of my rut looking down at it, and feeling a little uneasy because complacency is gone. Yet, it feels good! I am closer to God as I travel throughout my day. I feel no sense of urgency to do the things of this world that man wants me to do, instead I feel a timely patience to wait on God and see what He has in store.

It's a good place.

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5-6 The Message

Under HIS Grace...

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment