"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Running is a Place!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 -- 10:30 PM:  We are at 35,000 feet flying to Orlando, Florida for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.  It's our third year to represent TEAM 413 at this world class event.  Each year it becomes bigger and better and TEAM 413's message is shared with thousands of new people.  It has become the most significant annual fundraiser for TEAM 413.

But, the story started in Orlando some eight years ago when I ran the Disney Marathon for the first time.  It was at a time in my life when things weren't going well with my health and my life as I knew it was about to crumble around me.  I believe that god was preparing to be stronger than I ever thought that I could be.  It was a life changing event and the "push" that helped start this ministry that we call TEAM 413. The land of Mickey Mouse helped change my life forever through God's favor and grace.  I look back at that time in my life and see that God was at work to help mold and shape me into the 52-year-old kid that I am today.  

I cannot adequately describe what happened back in 2003 well enough to do the story justice.  I can say that without a doubt that it was a miracle of God's goodness and grace.  It was a time when God got my attention through the circumstances in my life and prepared me for what was ahead.  It was a time of much pain of the body, mind, and spirit.  But, out of my agony came growth and a ministry that has touched thousands of people worldwide!  I am so honored and humbled that God chose me to represent Him in this venue we call running.

You see, running is not an exercise to me.  It is a PLACE!  Running is as viable a place as my home, my office, or any of my daily surroundings.  It's a place where God works in my life and has brought about change that can only be described as miracles of grace! Running is a place called grace to me.  Running is my habitat for sanity. Running is my quiet corner of my heart's sanctuary where I am close to God.  Running is my place of refuge, of solace, of climate change for my soul.  It is a God filled place where HE does His wondrous work.

I love running -- I love that place!  More importantly, I love the fact that God dwells in me and comes along with me to this place where He does much work in my heart!

The Goofy Challenge at the Walt Disney event will be a wonderful place for me this weekend! Running the half marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday will be a place of truth -- a place of worship -- a place of achievement -- a place for living -- a place for loving -- a place for laughter!  This place will be my time with God this weekend and I look forward to feeling His grace as He does a good work in me!

Join me this weekend as I describe this PLACE in my life -- 

RUNNING Under HIS Grace!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment