"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Memory and Honor


In honor of my Mom -- on this Mother's Day
From GRACERUNNER - FAITH ON THE RUN

MEMORY AND HONOR

Mother went home to be with the Lord on Friday, April 18, 2008.  She was a woman of unwavering character, strong faith, and a heart for others that had no equal.

She was, without a doubt, the most selfless person I have ever known.  During my lifetime, I never saw her place herself before others.  Mother would always give much more that she would take.  She modeled “selfless-ness” in every aspect of her life.  Everyone else always came first.

Gladys Gillespie was a lady to the very end.  She had movie star looks -- yet, was beautiful to the core of her soul.  Her willingness to serve others, her sense of humor, and her wry smile are engraved in my heart and mind forever.

My mom was the real deal.  She was a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, daughter, and friend above reproach.  She is missed, but her legacy will live forever in all who knew her.  We celebrate her life and God is glorified in our loss as she sits at the feet of Jesus Christ in Heaven today!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My prayer on this Mother's Day is that every child should feel the kind of love that I received from my Mother and that each Mom will love as my Mother loved -- relentlessly, unwavering, and unconditionally!

Under HIS Grace....and, blessed by the gift of my Mom --

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment