"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl

It's hard to believe that Daddy's little girl is getting married on Saturday. My Ash has grown up and it's going to be both difficult and a blessing to give her away at 5:00 PM on March 20. Much has happened in our lives through the past 10+ years, but one of the things that has remained constant is my love for Ashley and her love for me. She has stood by me through so much and now it is my turn to give back to her by standing by her side on her wedding day.
Ashley is a breath of fresh air, a sun ray of hope, and a shower of love all wrapped up in one package. She is a blessing to so many people, but especially to this very proud dad. We've laughed together and cried together. We've played together and worshiped together. We've loved life together and wondered "why?" together. The bottom line is we've done these things together!
I will always cherish those"together moments" and praise God for my little girl -- the funny little girl who made me laugh --- the kind little girl with a big heart who made me cry --- the little girl with the big soul who showed me unconditional love no matter what. But most of all, I thank God for the little girl who has grown up to be a beautiful young lady with those same wonderful, childlike characteristics. She is a gift!
I love you, Ash!
Under HIS Grace...
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment