"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Running Under HIS Grace!

This past weekend at the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon I had the pleasure of running from about mile 11 - 13 of my half marathon with Cheryl Murdock. She is an amazing lady.
I've known Cheryl for quite some time as a runner, as a member of TEAM 413, as a sister in Christ. But, as we ran along, I learned more about her amazing life. Hopefully, one day I will be able to share the entire story. I listened intently -- her story touched my heart -- I heard her emotion straight from her heart -- I felt her pain -- I shared tears with her. It was one of those moments that I'll never forget. She shared the story of her life with us.
As I started toward the finish line of my half marathon, Cheryl continued on her journey of the full marathon. This was to be her 199th OR 200th marathon! You read correctly! Unfortunately, she is not sure! So, she is going to count it as her 199th and will run number 200 soon! She has completed the 50 states marathon tour! She has run thousands of miles! She has run many miles as a part of our ministry. Every mile has been to God's glory!
Cheryl exemplifies "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." She embodies the mantra of TEAM 413 that we wear on the front of our running shirts ... "one more breath, one more step, one more mile, finish line!" Her story is one of God's amazing grace!
Please join me in praying for Cheryl as she continues her journey across the country sharing the good news with so many along the way! We are with you, Cheryl!
Under HIS Grace...
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment