"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Saturday, March 20, 2010

For Everything There is a Season

Ecclesiastes 3: 1- 15

For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace. What do people really get for all their hard work? I have seen the burden God has placed on us all. Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end. So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God. And I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it. God’s purpose is that people should fear him. What is happening now has happened before, and what will happen in the future has happened before, because God makes the same things happen over and over again.

__________________________________

Today is Ashley's wedding day and I'm certain that I feel like every father who has given their daughter away on this very special occasion. I look forward to this afternoon and dread it at the same time. Yet, I know that today is a great day!

We go through life and really don't pay attention to the things that matter. We tend to forget that God has blessed us with so many gifts of His amazing grace. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful family who shows unconditional love each day. I am also thankful for those family members who are no longer with us and celebrate in Heaven today. Through the good times and not so good times in life, I have been blessed beyond measure and my heart is full. I am so thankful for God's provision for our family.

This is Ashley and Donald's day and we will celebrate with them as they start this life journey together. My prayer is that God will give them days filled with dreams come true, glorious moments of hope, and blessings beyond their imagination.

I love you Ash & Donald!

Under HIS Grace...

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment