"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Monday, January 18, 2010

Along the Road

My dear friend Patrick Materna, sent me the picture above in a recent email. It was taken while he and his wife were horseback riding in Hawaii. He has on his TEAM 413 shirt with, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" on the back. What an unbelievable picture of God's word and handiwork in the still of one snapshot moment! Patrick is THE STICK guy at www.thestick.com. I met Patrick about 7 years ago as we were just getting started with our TEAM 413 ministry. He is truly a great guy with a heart of gold. Many of you know him from being involved in running. You've probably met him at expos all over the world. You have seen him rolling out sore muscles, teaching people how to tend to their IT Band issues, and tending to those who have a pain here or there. If you've met him, you will never forget him because of his smile, his wit, and his wisdom. He has become a great friend and more importantly, he is my brother in Christ. In the email that he sent along with the picture, Patrick relayed this message, "We share the same values and the belief in HIM. Thank you for spreading the wonderful message and for staying the course, despite all the challenges! It is a pleasure being part of your team and to do my part in it, and live it out daily, as best as I can!" I have met many wonderful people in my life, but I'm not sure there are many finer that Patrick. He is the real deal. He has supported TEAM 413 when other wouldn't. He has checked on me during trying times when others didn't. He has been steadfast in his friendship and his faith. For this kind and gracious man, we are thankful. If you get a chance, stop by THE STICK booth at your next race expo and ask for Patrick. He will make your day! Under HIS Grace... Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment