"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Servant's Heart and Hands

Paul Dillmuth has a servant's heart and hands. He is a blessing to the ministry of TEAM 413 in so many ways. We met Paul at the 2009 running of the Walt Disney World Marathon. He bought a TEAM 413 shirt and ran the race in it.....he became part of our team on that day. But, his story as a true teammate was just starting.
In late 2009, we were in the process of putting together our 2010 event schedule. We wanted to go back to Disney but weren't sure we could afford to go on our very tight budget. Paul contacted us and asked us if we were going to be at Disney in January. We told him that we were working on it. He wanted to know how much the booth spaces were and how much our travel would be. A few days later I received word from Paul that he was picking up the tab for Disney so we wouldn't have to worry about raising the funds for this event anymore! His gift was a blessing of God's grace!
The 2010 Disney race expo proved to be the most significant fundraiser in our seven year history. It was an amazing time for all of us involved with TEAM 413. However, it would not have happened had it not been for Paul Dillmuth. He basically stepped up and helped a cause that he believes in so very much.
After having suffered through a high fever last night and not feeling good this morning, I drug myself out of bed to make my way to work at Samford University. I just didn't feel normal -- a virus had made me a bit weak today. My hope was to get through at least part of the day. I turned on my computer and opened my email and there was a gift receipt and a message from Paul Dillmuth. He wants to make sure that we get to many races this year and back to Disney next year. His plan is to become a TEAM 413 fundraiser and to contribute throughout the year to make this happen. Needless to say, my day got much better. It added a little spring back into my step.
I don't heap the words "hero of the faith" on too many people. I don't use the words "servant's heart and hands" unless I truly believe that someone has achieved this lofty goal. For Paul Dillmuth, the words came easy. He fits the criteria as far as I'm concerned -- he stepped up to the plate and supported a cause that he believes in from the very core of his being.
We are blessed to call Paul Dillmuth a TEAM 413 Ambassador. More importantly, we are blessed to know him as a brother in Christ and a billboard of grace on the roads of life!
God bless you my friend!
Under HIS Grace...
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment