"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Transparent Heart

Today is Valentine's Day. I'm not really sure of the real story about how this holiday started but I'm certain that it's got to be a pretty cool one! Then again, it could be that all of the greeting card companies and florists got together and decided to create a "windfall" money day!
Nevertheless, this day makes us pause and reflect. We reflect on "love -- who? -- why? -- when? -- how?" It's a day that is somewhat whimsical in nature yet, true to the heart. It's a day we should not take for granted. But, on the other hand, we should not just set aside this as the one and only day for reflection of that one true gift of love with whom we are blessed.
My "God sent blessing" came in a package wrapped up as KIKI, my wife. She, literally, saved my life at a time when I didn't think that I could go on any longer. Life had been tough and obstacles were in my way that I didn't think I could overcome alone. I needed someone to help. God sent me Kiki. There have been many times when I've referred to her as an angel who rescued my heart. Each time I say that phrase, I realize how true it really is --- she really was an angel sent from Heaven.
I never want to let anything left unsaid. I want to make sure that the people in my life know exactly how I feel. They should see and hear the transparency of my heart. So, sappy or not, that's who I am. I'm an unashamed emotional guy. For those of you who don't like it, get over it! The emotions of my heart cannot be contained for my Lord, for my family, for my friends, and for all the goodness of God's gifts!
Under HIS Grace...
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment